Doesn't she look angry in this photo?
Friday, January 26, 2007
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
It seems like this is a little known fact, but grapes can be very bad for dogs. I only know because I look stuff up all the time to make sure I am not giving Daisy anything that is bad for her, she is the first dog I have owned, so I am not in the know. I had read it a few months back but looked it up again the other day just to be sure, since Daisy had just gulped down a few grapes that had fallen out of the fridge. We called the 24 hour vet and they suggested inducing vomiting, since the grapes can cause kidney failure. We took her in and she vomited up the grapes she ate. She went in today for some blood work to make sure her kidney function is okay. Luckily it looks like she is going to be fine. Keep the grapes and raisins away from your dogs!
Sunday, January 07, 2007
The day before we left on the honeymoon we had to take Daisy to the vet because she was drooling excessively and we were worried she had eaten poison or perhaps been stung by a bee. When we arrived at the vet, they took her into the back room. We were in the waiting room and all we could hear were Daisy's horrible screams. Turns out all they were doing was trying to look in her mouth, but she sounded something like this "excited pug". I never knew pugs screamed like that!