Friday, May 19, 2006

Keeping cool

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep a pug cool? I have heard that they can get heat stroke at temperatures as low as 70 degrees and last weekend was pretty hot here so I was trying to figure out how to keep Daisy cool. I have seen they have little cooling jackets you can buy for dogs, has anyone tried those?


I tried using a damp rag, which she didn't seem to mind, but of course anytime she moved it fell off.


After seeing the cooling jacket online my mom decided to try and fashion Daisy something out of this cooling bandana she had for herself. I haven't seen the finished project, but I think she looks like Pugahontas here (notice the beaded fringe, nice touch no?).

3 comments:

Michele said...

Thank you! I think so too, but of course I am a little biased!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

What about a cool tub with water on really hot days...I have a kiddie pool for the pugs I keep out on the deck and hot days I fill it up and let them play in the water. I also give them a bowl of ice to play with on the kitchen floor then I just mop it up after. I also have used cool wet towels like you have. I bet Daisy will be fine..she has a good Momma taking care of her. Do you have AIR CONDITIONING???? The breeder wouldn't let anyone have a pug if they didn't have air conditioning.

Punchbugpug said...

When we are out on our boat and it is hot, I wet the girls feet alot. I also put a cool cloth on their heads! If it's really hot they just stay inside with the air conditioning on!