Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Softpaws

Daisy is an avid biter and scratcher. Of course I am trying to break her of both of these habits, but nothing I have tried seems to deter her. Any suggestions? Is this something she will grow out of?

For the time being I decided to put soft paws on her. At least then when she scratches she can't hurt anyone or anything. I thought pink would be cute, but they turned out to be a much brighter pink than they appeared to be online. Plus, despite the fact that these were the recommended size for her weight, they are way too big! Now she looks like she has very long fake nails!

5 comments:

.:*PugLove*:. said...

Those are by far the funniest nails I've ever seen! I hope they work out well for you. My puppy is 6 months old and her nipping is down to play time only but this is still not acceptable. She does a digging thing when she is in puffy areas like on the bed. If you hear anything let me know as I am trying my hardest to break her bad habits!

Liz said...

When you were telling me the story my imagination didn't do the actual visual any justice!!!!!! That is the best- Too Funny!

Tiffany said...

HOLY &%@$! That's some funny stuff right there!

My Pugs Blogger said...

Hahaha - too funny!!

Our oldest pug grew out of all of that stuff - at around 1 year. The 6 - 8 month range was her toughest - and then she mellowed out. Hang in there! It will get better!

Michele said...

I am glad to hear the nipping starts to die down. Daisy loves to bite my pant legs! It is tough to walk with her hanging on!

Some of the softpaws have fallen off and my mom trimmed them down before putting them back on, so at least they aren't so long!

You should hear the screeching sounds she makes when we put these on, it is as if we are hurting her, which is not at all the case. We didn't even cut her nails!